All available course dates
Descrição da #Educacao#
Looking for a meaningful career? Do you care about older adults in your life and community? If so, then you want to be part of the dynamic and growing field of gerontology.
This interdisciplinary program is your gateway to a career in the health and social service sector as a Social Service Worker providing a range of services ;in the community for older adults and their families.
Combining theory with practice, you will gain specialized knowledge and skills to work with individuals, families, and communities to promote health and resilience throughout the aging process. This program prepares you for employment in the field of gerontology within a wide range of service settings such as: health and wellness, education, recreation, community support, advocacy, residential and palliative care. The gerontology service sector has expressed resounding support for the program and hiring graduates in the future.
Requisitos de Admissão
- Candidatos domésticos:; Graduação da 12ª série BC (ou equivalente) ou 19 anos de idade ou mais
- Candidatos internacionais:; Graduação BC Grau 12 (ou equivalente)
Para obter mais informações sobre os requisitos de admissão, visite o site da faculdade.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Conteúdo do programa
- Gerontology I: Introduction to Gerontology
- Helping Relationships with Older Adults I: Practical Skills
- Human Biology of Aging
- Introduction to Biological, Cognitive, and Developmental Psychology
- Introduction to Academic Writing
- Essay Writing and Short Prose Selections
- Short Prose Selections and Composition
- Gerontology II: Understanding Aging Today
- Helping Relationships with Older Adults II: Practical Skills
- Social Policy and Aging
- Special Topics in Aging I
- Introduction to Social, Personality, and Abnormal Psychology
- Modern Novel, Poetry, and Drama
- Modern Novel, Poetry, and Film
- Older Adults, Mental Health, and Addictions
- Aging and Intersectionality
- Practicum I
- Special Topics in Aging II
- Age-Related Conditions and Interventions
- Developmental Psychology (Adulthood and Aging)
- Advanced Practice with Older Adults
- Death and Dying
- Community-Based Practice with Older Adults
- Practicum II
- Recreation & Aging
Bolsas de estudo e financiamento
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information
Please visit the website for information about tuition fees
Oportunidades de carreira
Social and Community Service Workers are listed as one of the high opportunity occupations with 11,020 job openings in British Columbia from 2019 to 2029 (Good Jobs for Today and Tomorrow, British Columbia, 2020).
As Canada’s baby boomer population ages, the community-based older adult service sector is also growing. This is a dynamic and exciting field with tremendous career opportunities for people who have a passion for working with older persons.
Careers in Gerontology
There are a lot of career opportunities in Gerontology. You can apply your skills in business, cooking, botany, crafts, and exercise among others, to a fulfilling career working with older adults.
Marcar - obrigação livre
Localizado em Vancouver, BC, Canadá, o Langara College começou em 1965 como parte do Vancouver Community College e, em 1970, abriu seu campus na West 49th Avenue. Em 1o de abril de 1994, o Langara College foi estabelecido como um...
Quer saber mais sobre Gerontologia? Preencha o formulário abaixo e nós vamos transmitir suas informações a um representante da escola, que irá responder a sua pergunta.
Não há comentários disponíveis.